This is going to be a super quick post. I'm headed for Minnesota today. Baxter's surgery is on Thursday morning.
Besides all the stuff with work, this weekend has been a bit tense and stressful. I had to pick up my dad at the airport. We seemed to have miscommunicated, and he could not find where I was in the passenger pick up lane. So instead of listening to me, he just yelled at me. Then, he got angry about the moving plan. He had decided to extend his stay until the 15th which freaked me out! The house closes on the 12th which is when I get possession. Theoretically, I can move in that day. I was going to move in like a week after, so I could get all my stuff packed and not feel rushed. My dad and his wife (she has moved 23 times, closed on 13 houses) had other ideas and wanted me to be moved in by that weekend. This was beginning to feel like THEIR move versus MY move!
This was horribly stressing me out, and he could not understand why I wanted to wait or why I minded to commute to my new job for a week or two. He finally settled down, and I think has decided to go back after we get back. It is a relief to me in some ways since he would be bored out of his mind.
Anyway, we are about to leave. Hopefully, I'll be able to visit a few dog trainers I know in Wisconsin on the way, but we'll see how things go. I'll update everyone from there. I'm very hopeful about this surgery. Please keep Baxter in your thoughts.