Sunday, November 8, 2009

Still some major hurdles to handle

We got back yesterday afternoon. Baxter had a hard last night in the hotel, so he was much more content to be sleeping in the car. My other three dogs were glad to see all of us, though were not quite sure about Baxter. It will be an adjustment for everyone since not all his faculties are restored yet.

Baxter's surgery of course was the major concern. Now, it is his recovery, the new job, and moving. It's been an ordeal trying to finagle my parents' schedules to come here to help me pack and move. My father has decided to delay his flight until next Sunday. On one hand, it is good, on the other, I know he is going to be bored out of his mind. In some ways, I'd like him here to help with Baxter, but on the other, I don't know if he is capable since he sleeps in late, etc. However, at the same time, I've already spent one week with him with many ups and downs, so I'd hate have more "down" trends.

My mother may come out next week and help me pack, but that's still a little up in the air. I find I struggle a lot with them making the "sacrifice" to come out here and help me, but at the same time, suffering my own sanity. It's like taking away how I would really like to do things in order to "keep the peace" with everyone else. It's almost like if I want to do it my way that appears selfish even if this is my move and my life. :sigh: I'm sure everything will work out somehow.

No comments: