Saturday, June 21, 2008

Exhaustion

Have you ever had one of those days when you are simply exhausted but know that if you sit down, you will utterly crash and burn? You know you need to rest but there are just so many things to get done and not enough time in the day. Then by some bizarre force of nature, you just keep going and going, just like that pink energizer bunny. This was me yesterday as well as today.

Whenever I get this way, it affects me on all facets. I run myself into the ground, my mind becomes single focused at getting the task at hand completed, my emotions are non-existent, my eating goes haywire, and I become even more sleep deprived than I am. It's not a good way to start off the weekend.

So have the last two days been different? I think it had to due with a change in schedule suddenly. My boss informed me on Thursday she couldn't work the days I'm normally off next week and was giving me this weekend off. This wasn't such a bad thing except a) the person covering for me is the annoying girl from dog obedience class, b) I have clients picking up their dogs who I wanted to talk to, and c) screws up my schedule. I decided I'd take today off but work tomorrow to be able to see clients.

Now, I've just been running around trying to get everything done. When I feel this way, it simply doesn't matter that it is overwhelming. I just feel this maddening need to get my entire list completed. Logically, I know this is dumb. I know the world is not going to shatter if I don't get these things done. I don't know why this has just hit me in the face so suddenly. I already know that next week is going to be incredibly long, so I really can't afford to be too tired. Argh! I guess I'm chalking this up to some anxiety. What about, I'm not sure. I'm going to need to do some digging on this.

No comments: