Monday, June 16, 2008

Another doggie birthday



Happy Birthday Hank!

You are my cool, calm, handsome, "me too" boy. When I originally met you, you were a rescue from a lab organization. You came to our kennel to become trained as a psychiatric service dog. I worked with you on a lot of basic obedience and instantly felt a bond. After several months of training, and then going to your forever home, everything looked like it was going to work out. However, after a few short months, it did not turn out that way, and you came back to our kennel.

Five to six months later, there was a woman interested in having you as a service dog. I knew nothing about the woman but did as I was told. Sadly, I was heartbroken, especially when I saw you at class the following week. Our eyes locked, and you immediately wanted to come see me. I was so so sad and thought I'd lost you forever. It was at that point that I said to myself, "if it was meant to be, he'll return." The lady decided she really wanted a lab instead for a service dog, and thus you were returned once again. This time, I did ask to take you. My wish was granted, and four years later, here you are still.

You are an incredible dog, one that can never be matched. I love you for all that you have done for me in being a companion and providing so much comfort and joy into my life.

With love,
Your mom




No comments: