Monday, January 14, 2008

The week in planning

Well, my mini-vacation is now over, so it's time to get back into my normal schedule of things. Actually, it's kind of a good thing since I'm a very schedule oriented type person. I do admit, however, that it is nice to get these periods of time to sleep in and catch up on stuff that I'd been neglecting. Overall, I accomplished a good amount, although there's always that voice in the back of my mind saying I could have accomplished more. Sometimes I think I place way too much weight on the whole idea of accomplishing, but then I think what would I be without it? Okay, a bit Ed'd there.

Anyway, just for the record, I did go back to the house where I saw the woman leave with the dog the other day. I talked with some young kid who also did not know who the woman was. We both found it very bizarre. I still feel a bit guilty about it, but I have to let it go, realizing that it's not my responsibility. Who knows I may come across the dog again at some point. That's when fate intervenes if you believe in that sort of thing.

I haven't fully planned the rest of my week. I have a dental appointment today which I'm dreading. It's just a cleaning, but the hygienest always seems to hurt my teeth and gums. The last time I saw her was six months ago when it was supposed to be every three months. You can imagine my teeth will probably be worse which just means more pain. The other reason why I dread this appointment is that my regular dentist will also take a look at my horrible tooth and just remind me that I have to get it extracted soon. I'm really not looking forward to that since the last one I ended up in excruciating pain.

The good thing is that my full dental benefits will kick in, although knowing my insurance company will probably give me a bill saying I must pay this amount. Insurance is nice when it works, but I feel like half the time I end up shelling out way more money than should be the case.

My other appointment this week will be meeting with my lawyer about this dog bite case from two years ago. I'm hoping to have it settled soon and move on with the rest of my life. Closure is a good thing to have.

I'll give an update on these matters as they progress. For now, I need to get dressed and ready for the day.

No comments: