Saturday, January 19, 2008

More holes

So I had the dental appt. on Tuesday. Good news is that my teeth look about the same as six months ago. The bad news is that it's not just one tooth that has to be extracted but two. I had broken one awhile ago and had a temporary filling which fell out back in October. Normally, I'd put this off, however, after the last very painful toothache I had in November, I am hesitant to do that. I made an appt. with the oral surgeon a week from this coming Mon. I'm just praying he will not give me a rx for a pain medication that gives me horrible side effects. So there goes the $700 for an online class I was thinking of taking. It sucks how much dental expenses are. By the way, all those missing teeth are going to have to have implants. Why not just do dentures now? It would actually save money in the long run as awful as that sounds.

The rest of the week didn't go too great. I saw my lawyer for the dog bite case. We've offered a counter offer in hopes the other insurance company will budge. If they don't, then it goes to trial and all that jazz. I'm hoping it doesn't come to that, as it is just more time, work, and a big gamble overall. I also had a lousy conversation with a good friend. I'm still upset about it, but I can understand where she is coming from. Then I was asked to work an upcoming conference in March, however, there is a conflict by a day. The coordinator didn't seem too happy about this. And me, being the sensitive type, am just take it personally.

Then all my runs this week with the exception of one were just totally slow and off. My mood has also been a bit down. I'm finding little stuff is irritating me, like not meeting with my main physical therapist but someone else instead. I'm really trying to tell myself that I need to snap out of this funk before it heads into some full depression. I need to remind myself of things I need to do so I don't get to that point:

I need to breathe.
I need to eat better.
I need to sleep uninterrupted.
I need to journal more.
I need to be honest with myself.
I need to clear myself of negative energy.

The week will be time to start fresh again.

No comments: