Monday, January 28, 2008

Tooth extracation day

image: about.com

I've been dreading this day since I made the appt. two weeks ago. I'm not even sure why I am so worried about it. I've had countless dental appointments unfortunately and a year in a half or so ago, another tooth extracted. I think it's the pain I'm concerned about. I'm never like this either. Pain to me is like a bone sticking out of your arm or blood gushing out of you. I'm not a wimp about pain, but teeth pain seems to be the hardest for me to deal with. I'm also worried that the dentist is going to end up prescribing some pain killer which gives me awful side effects despite me voicing my concerns about it. This has happened before, so it's not my imagination.

Please don't think I'm nonchalant about losing my teeth, because it really does sadden me quite a bit. It's a grim reminder that even if I never purged multiple times a day, my teeth are still ruined from it.

So at 2:30 PM today, be thinking of me. Hopefully, it'll go better than expected. I guess I should think "happy," positive" thoughts. Maybe it'd be better for me to go off to some la la state where I'm sitting on a beach sipping some non-alcoholic beverage watching the sunset. Okay, I know, a little cliche, but I can dream for the moment, right?

No comments: