Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Bizarre encounter 2 for today

On my runs, I frequent many dogs. Some days are better than other, but I always call a day when I haven't actually gotten bitten again by a dog a good day. :-) I got a late start for my run today. About two miles into my run, this dog comes from out of nowhere and then proceeds to leap on me. This was joyful leap, not a "I'm going to eat you" type of leap. It was a young dog, still a puppy actually. Bu the bizarre thing was how much he looked like my dad's dog who was found wondering by the kennel and almost getting run over until my co-worker saved him.

I happened to have my phone on me today since I was waiting for a phone call, so I took a quick snap shot of
him. This was the only one I could get of him standing still.



Now look at this picture of my dad's dog, Leroy. See, the uncanny similarities. These two dogs could have seriously been brothers.


The dog ran with me for awhile until a school bus stopped to let off some children. Although this was not his family, he clearly wanted the attention from them. It worked out and saved me a drive from having to drop him off where I saw him before he followed me. Yes, I've done this on quite a few occasions. The rest of the run was an easy day running in light rain.

3 comments:

KC said...

wow, they look the same!

Amy@RunnersLounge said...

Ahhh, I love beagles. And beagles love running and attention so I am surprised he didn't stay with you forever.

Amy
blog.runnerslounge.com
www.runnerslounge.com

Tiptoe said...

KC, yep, it is amazing how much these two dogs look alike. I now see the dog running with me all the time. He currently hangs out with a beagle and a Parsons Russell Terrier.

Amy, thanks for your comments. Your site and blog look interesting. The dogs in the photo are Treeing Walker Coonhounds, kind of big versions of beagles, though I'd had beagles run with me as well. I think this dog, however, may have followed my scent since he is now so close to where I live.