Friday, May 16, 2008

Cold feet continued

In my last post, I wrote about the two guys who e-mailed me about running. I got a response back from one of them. However, he wants to run over the weekend, but at a time that I am at work. So it's probably not doable unless he wants to change his time for running. Curiosity got the best of me, and I actually looked this guy up from the half marathon race results from the Flying Pig. I honestly only wanted to know his age. I was kind of relieved when I found out he was close to my age, just a few years younger. Still, it doesn't change the fact that I know nothing about him.

The other guy has yet to e-mail back, but apparently, I did not type in his address correctly.. It's amazing how forgetting a number or two in an e-mail can go directly to someone else. It reminded me to double check and take closer looks at e-mails when typing.

It's funny, because yesterday while at work, I saw two women running down the road--one even with a stroller. I was so tempted to yell out something like "hey, you want another running buddy" or "runner over here." But of course, my notions of realizing how foolish I would be returned and thus, I just watched them go by.

So for now, it's solo, but that's okay too.


No comments: