Friday, May 9, 2008

Marathon done


Just a quick post since I've got to go. I got back into town Wed. evening. The marathon itself went great. I'm satisfied with my time but definitely know I can do better. I finished in the top third out of almost 4,800 finishers overall. I'll have more details later about the race, my trip to St. Louis, and all my thoughts in between.

Oh yes, and I can affirmatively say that I did not end up like those people in the video I posted about after the marathon. Surprisingly, by yesterday, all my soreness was gone. Walking a lot at the St. Louis Botanical Gardens and the Zoo helped a lot. I'm hoping to post pictures of both those places soon.

Here's a quick picture of how well my hair bands held up during the race. :-)

2 comments:

Dr. Deb said...

I have never done a marathon.

No wait, I have - a walkathon, but it's not the same.

Congrats on your achievement!!!

And your hair looks mah-velous!

Tiptoe said...

Deb, thanks for the congrats. It is an achievement even though my head still wants to say it's not enough. Working on that one.

Soon all that hair you see is going to get a trimming.