Saturday, April 26, 2008

Spring really is here!

The beginning of spring is always interesting. Everything begins to blossom and grow, and then boom, at least one cold front that comes through. Supposedly, this weekend and the early part of next week, the temperatures will drop about 25 to 30 degrees for a few days. Last year, temperatures dipped low enough for snow to fall in the middle of April!

Anyway, in general, spring is my second most favorite season, fall being the first. I really enjoy nature unearthing itself. Here are some samples of flower photos in my yard. Unfortunately, I can't take the credit for planting them. The family who lived her before me, the mother was a very avid gardener. Every year, I get a chance to see the beautiful flowers she planted and remind myself how wonderful spring can be.

These photos were taken at various dates throughout this month. The Tulip ones are interesting to see unfold as they were taken on different dates. I wanted to see them in the process of blooming. Note that none of these photos have been edited.







































4 comments:

Anonymous said...

these pics make me happy! especially running in spring time is my most favorite time of year!!

KC said...

thanks for the beautiful pictures! yay spring!

Dr. Deb said...

How gorgeous are flowers? They always make things better!

Tiptoe said...

Anon, yes, I agree with you that running in the spring is great to see nature at its glory.

KC, you're welcome. Glad you enjoyed them.

Deb, yes, flowers and beautiful and do make things better. I've gotten out of the habit, but I used to buy myself flowers all the time.