Sunday, November 14, 2010

Good company

What a great Saturday! The short version: I met an online friend nearby. We had known each other for 14 years but never met until yesterday. I briefly spoke about her here. I got a chance to meet her three kitties and hubby. We had a lovely Indian dinner, and then on a whim drove up to the International Grocery I've been wanting to go to for months Therefore, I finally got my kimchi I've been craving and various other items I normally get at Asian grocery stores.

It was fabulous meeting L. who is also 5 1/2 months pregnant. She was just as I had imagined, and I was amazed at how much she remembered about me throughout the years. It was such a good win-win situation. I think she and her hubby enjoyed my company as well. I joked with her hubby that it amazed me how outgoing he was for a chemist type guy!

We agreed in maybe a month or two that we'd get together again, and this time I would host. I hope this will be the start of a good friendship locally as I've yet to meet many people to do things with here.

2 comments:

Cammy said...

So glad you had a good meet-up, sounds like it was a great time, and you deserved to have some time enjoying yourself after what you've been dealing with at work!

Tiptoe said...

Thanks Cammy. Hopefully, we will both get together again. It truly was a fun time.