- In insurance, eating disorders are defined as a "serious mental health illness" requiring coverage.
- Texting while driving is banned.
- Breathlyzer devices will be installed in vehicles of individuals who have been charged with DUIs. Also, stricter penalties even if failing a breathlyzer for the first time.
- Schools will be allowed to suspend and penalize students who are found cyberbullying classmates.
- Schools are also to bring awareness to internet safety at least once during the school year.
- In domestic violence cases, two-year expirations are eliminated, but must be abstained unless modified.
- Medical personnel cannot release medical records of a child to a parent who has a restraining order against them.
- Increase penalties for knowingly purchasing firearms for those prohibited.
Sources: New law tougher on DUIs
New laws will take in effect in new year
MSBNC--Texting while driving...
MSNBC--School bullying law...