Saturday, November 8, 2008

Friday socialization update

Luck, for the most part seemed to be in my favor today. All the clients came in on time. I was able to leave early to go meet for lunch. I did make it to the restaurant on time despite some slow truck pulling in front of me. That, unfortunately is like Murphy's Law!

S., the person I was meeting, got to the restaurant less than a minute after I sat down. We immediately both noticed our hair and oohed and ahhed at how good it looked--her curly hair was a little shorter and mine drastically shorter. Then, we caught up on everything from running, racing, injuries, parents, my life, her life, and last but not least, her two new puppies. I'm hopeful she'll get them into classes, or at least let me help her get started on some training.

Meanwhile, we both orderd pad thai--hers with chicken, mine with tofu and tea--hers iced, mine hot. The hour seemed to go by quickly, and I wished we had had more time or were not under time constraints. Oh well, maybe next time.

So all in all, it was a success and a good reminder that socializing can be fulfilling. I leave today, i.e. going to sleep on a good note. I sort of feel like I made a big deal out of nothing, but I know I was feeling like crap yesterday. And well, sometimes we all need to acknowledge that too.

Thanks for everyone's support.


2 comments:

KC said...

congrats on the successful socialization. I know it can be hard to stay social. and pad thai with tofu, mmmm, good choice! xo

Tiptoe said...

Kyla, thanks! The pad thai was great, so I'm definitely going to try this place again.