Saturday, March 8, 2008

White Stuff


All right, it's a little hard to tell, but that really is snow. I should have lightened the picture a bit more. It was predicted, and for once the forecasters were right. I think the average around here was 7 or so inches, but other places in the state got 10-12 inches. North of here got slammed with over a foot. It's weird, this was the first big snow of the season and yet, it's so close to spring.


I like the white stuff for the most part as long as it doesn't last too long. It beats the ice we had a few weeks ago although it was pretty. It's odd though, because when I was younger, I used to love snow and snow days. I'd go sled riding, make snow slushes, and make snow angels. These days, it's more like okay, I need go to shovel my driveway so I can get out in the morning. Maybe I've just reached adulthood now, and the snow just becomes more of a chore than looking at the idyllic view it may offer.

More thna the likely, the snow will melt in the next few days as the temperatures rise, although that means mud and slush which isn't the most fun either. Argh, I just want spring to get here!


No comments: