Saturday, March 22, 2008

Happy Easter

My breaker is still not fixed yet. My landlord is so slow about these types of things. I'm going to have to remind him again. Anyway, I wanted to say Happy Easter! I don't do anything special for the holiday, although when I was younger, my parents hid my Easter baskets. My dad also used to hide decorative Easter eggs and give clues to me and my cousin where to find them. Ahh, those were the days.

Still though, I guess my parents want to keep something alive, so they still insist on mailing me Easter baskets. It's a nice thing even if I am past that stage. I just wish they would send me more healthy stuff than candy and chocolate. I wind up putting most of it in my freezer and just leaving it there.

This is off topic, but since there is a lot of chocolate around at Easter, be careful with your pets around. Chocolate, especially dark chocolate, is toxic to your pets. It doesn't take much to really harm your pet, especially if it is a small dog or cat. Also, watch out for the Easter plastic grass that is in baskets. That can easily be ingested and cause intestinal problems. Lastly, Easter lilies are toxic to cats. If you feel your pet has ingested any of these items, please call your emergency vet or the Animal poison control center.

HAPPY EASTER!



No comments: