Saturday, March 6, 2010

Geese inspiration

About a month or so ago, I posted about the geese. Well, yesterday just as I was about to walk one of my client's two dogs (same dogs as in previous post) + Tovah, the geese were there right on their lawn! The dogs barked, but I thought this was such a good photo opportunity. It was too bad I just had my phone, because otherwise, the photos would have been stunning. Another time hopefully.

I put the dogs up except for Tovah. I am always so curious what she will do, and remarkably for her young age has great impulse control (well except the cat she saw the other day, but that's another story). So to start the weekend, here are some geese photos. I was able to get pretty close which is always very exciting for me.

I think I've talked about animal totems before. If not, you can click to learn more about them. Right now, I just seem more drawn to the geese. I'm almost thinking maybe they are like my "recovery" animal totem since they remind me so much about support and reaching out. Plus, geese are considered "nurturers," and I'd say I definitely fit that category.

If you believe in animal totems or the like (they say we have 9 or so throughout our life), what would you say are yours? And what do they represent to you? Do any resemble something related to recovery for you?






Look how close she is!








4 comments:

Kim said...

I hadn't heard of animal totems before. I relate most to the reptile description, as I feel like I'm constantly shedding old stuff. At some point, I think I was a turtle, withdrawing, feeling like I needed to protect myself. Now, I feel more like a snake :)

Tiptoe said...

Kim, Oh yeah, I can understand the snake one. I've had that in my life as well. Did I post the garter snake photo? I can't remember. I think snakes are definitely about change.

I Hate to Weight said...

look at tovah. there's something about seeing her that always cheers up. she has a great "aura", i guess. anyway, i've been a fan since she was a much littler girl. it amazes me how dogs grow. it's actually pretty amazing how we call grow, i guess.

nature is pretty....amazing.

Tiptoe said...

I Hate to Weight, thanks for the compliment on Tovah. I know if you met her in person, you would fall in love with her. She truly has a fabulous temperament, and I don't just say that because she is my dog. I'm hoping to get her into therapy work, the READ Dog program, or into the school system. She has such a fitting personality for any of those as well as scent work.
Yes,you're right- showing our growth is amazing.