Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Berry Abby Bert

Ok ya'll, normally, I would not announce this humongous event, but my mom sent me the cutest card ever. If some of you remember my Valentine's Day post you'll understand why she wrote what she did.

Yep, it's my birthday, and I turn the big 3-0! It's a bit exciting to be out of the 20s, but at the same time, a little scary to now be 3 decades old. I don't have solid plans of anything yet. I know my boss and her husband are taking me out to dinner this week. I may buy myself a new bamboo steamer, maybe a new vacuum too? See, how frugal I am?

My parents have sent me gifts, and apparently the one from my mom and her husband must be really special. They have both called me in the last 3 days to ask if I have received it yet. Suspense!

Anyway, I'll have another, more reflective post about this birthday later in the week. Stay tuned for that.






8 comments:

Flannery said...

Happy birthday! That card is so cheesy that's it's downright cute. And what a wonderful, loving message from your mother.

Enjoy your day! Eat cake and be merry!

Unknown said...

Hope the 30s treat you well ... Happy Birthday!

Nicole said...

Happy Birthday! That's a pretty cute card from your mom :)

Eating With Others said...

Happy Birthday! That is such a great card! Mom's are the best!

Kim said...

Happy, happy birthday! I turned 30 in October. It wasn't so bad. The twenties were hard for me; I was happy to move on to a calmer phase. Everyone says the thirties are calmer, right? Enjoy your birthday! Cute card!

Gayle said...

How marvelous! May all your wishes come true :)

Tiptoe said...

Thanks for all the birthday wishes! It was a nice day--beautiful weather always helps. I ended my day with brownies I made. 1 AM nonetheless but oh well.

Kristina said...

Happy birthday! I'm sorry that I'm catching this a bit late.
I must say that I have SO enjoyed my 30's as compared to the 20's. I know that's just my own experience, but I think there is something generally pretty great about being a woman in her 30's.
Hope you celebrate a lot!