Sunday, August 23, 2009

Honest Scraps--10 more trivial facts about me

Kim so kindly tagged me for the Honest Scrap award. If you have not visited her blog, I suggest you do so. She has lots of great insights about life and recovery. Thanks Kim!

Here's the description: This award is bestowed on a fellow blogger whose blog content or design is, in the giver's opinion, brilliant. This award is about bloggers who post from their heart, who often put their heart on display as they write. There are three rules that need to be followed on accepting this award:

1. Brag about it. 2. Select seven blogs you find brilliant and link to them. 3. List 10 honest things about yourself.

As other bloggers who have received this award, I'm not into bragging about myself, but I will give some other quirks/facts/etc. about me.

*Although I love animals now, when I was younger, I was not always nice to them. I pulled one of our cat's tails once and hugged two of our dogs. I quickly learned hugging was not the way to go with dogs as they both bit the barrettes in my hair which caused my head to bleed everywhere and required stitches.

*My first English word was "kitty."

*One time when I was very young, I refused to come downstairs for dinner. My parents could not figure out why and our communication skills were lacking at that point. Through a picture book, I pointed to black
patton leather shoes. My father had to go on a shopping spree on a Sunday night looking for patton leather shoes. Once he did, I put them on, and came downstairs to eat. Apparently, I recognized at an early age that fashion was important. My dress did not go with my little red sneakers, only patton leather ones.

*I continue to be an
animal cracker addict and think they should become their own food group. ;-)

*I am a horrible "picker" of sorts as well as a nail biter. I pick scabs, acne, blisters, anything that looks out of place. It's not always the best thing either. I guess that's part of the impatience problem I have with certain things. With nails biting, it's worst when I'm really stressed, sitting in traffic, panicked, or overly worried.

*As many young girls, I used to think I was going to become an Olympic gymnast. That eventually turned into just an elite, and then reality sunk in that that would never happen period.

*I once had a boy not go out with me, because he was afraid I would beat him up if anything went wrong. I really have no clue where he even got this idea.

*In high school and college, I was very big into color coding my notes. I used to use a different color ink for every subject, thinking this would help me remember better.

*For as long as I can remember, I have always been a gum chewer.

*Though my self-esteem is low a lot, I still hold out hope that one day I will find true love, happiness, and finally, feel fulfilled.

Other quirks of me can be found
here

Bloggers:

ED Bites
A Heart Tied with a String is a Pretty Thing
More than My Bones
Sunday Confessional
Pratfalls, though I know she is on break right now
Surfacing After Silence
Live your Ideal Life

I of course extend this out to anyone else who wants to participate. I think the majority of people who write blogs write with honesty and share a part of their world with so many others. It's truly amazing at how many wonderful people there are.

5 comments:

Kim said...

That's so cute that your first word was "kitty"!! Hahaha. I also wanted to be an Olympic gymnast. It was a big fantasy for a long time.
I loved reading this! I love your blog... I don't know if I say that enough :)

She-Fit said...

You are so right, animal crackers should be in their own food group. they are so good!

Anonymous said...

LMAO!!! I loved that story abt you refusing to come down to dinner unless you had your black patton leather shoes! young fashionista!

Lisa and Jim said...

Ahh I am a nail picker too. It drives my mother and my fiance insane.

And thank you for the nomination. I will get to it as soon as I return from my blog break.

Tiptoe said...

Thanks for reading everyone. It was fun to pick out unusual facts and quirks about me.

Kim, see, we are more and more alike. :grin: Thanks so much for nominating me!

She-fit, glad someone else agrees with me on animal crackers.

Burpandslurp, yeah, that's one of my favorite stories from my young child past. I have a lot of stories like that. I was an unusually funny kid with a lot of maturity.

Lisa, I look forward to reading yours when you are off your blog break.