I hate to sound whiny in this post, but I just need to sort of vent. It was just one of those days where things seemed to go from worse to even worse. First, I woke up to major thunderstorms. The thunder was so loud and the vibration so jarring that it perked up my deaf dog's ears, Daphne. Tovah barked, not sure what the sound was or where it was coming from. To a dog, thunder must be a very puzzling noise from above.
I had my physical therapy appointment for my neck which does seem to be improving, though deep tissue massage is quite painful! Afterwards, I took Baxter to the vet to get some boils/cysts on his stub and new lumps looked at. The boils which turned into cysts looked like they could either be drained or removed. But this other lump was suspicious to me as the size seemed to change, Baxter was licking at it some, and it was not very detached from the skin like a fatty tumor.
The vet did a needle aspiration and looked at it under the microscope. Suspicion confirmed: it is a mast cell tumor. MCTs are common in dogs and very prevalent in Boxers, though they do seem to have a lower grade. Thursday, he will get that removed, a biopsy done, and sent to histology for staging. I am hopeful it will only be a stage 1. Though my demeanor has always been to wait until a firm diagnosis and prognosis is made, it is still hard to think that this could be potentially harmful for my furkid. I already have some thoughts as to course of treatment if it is greater than a stage 1 which includes a more holistic/complimentary approach through supplements and nutrition, as well as necessary short-term medication if needed.
The rain continued all day. In the afternoon, I lost power for a few hours. By the time, I left for work in the afternoon, I had forgotten how high the water could get, especially on country roads where I live. I hit some major water problems and almost panicked at the thought that my car was not going to get through the water. I called my boss and told her I'd try to get to work, but it was no guarantee. Every route I tried was blocked with water. Then, I could not get home and had to sit with several other cars waiting for the water to recede.
One water blockage had receded, and I got the gumption to try it after seeing another car my size go through okay. The second one, however, was deeper, and all I could do was hold my breath that my car would not stall. Weather conditions like this or snow/sleet while driivng just panic me.
I got home, and within a few minutes, the power came back on. So, I guess I had some good karma.
Rundown of crappyness today:
Lots of rain/thunder/lightning
Me not eating breakfast
Weather causing major flood problems, almost not getting home
Rundown of positives:
We did need the rain, maybe not quite tihs much though.
Baxter didn't shed all over the place at the vet's. It's not his favorite tihng, and he shakes, sheds, and pants
I ate lunch and a snack later, so my day was not ruind by not eating breakfast
My car got through the flood puddle
A neighbor from up the road was courteous enough to follow behind me as I drove through the water to make sure I was okay.
Power came back on
Whew, it's been a long day. Now, I need to go work on therapy stuff, write a blog post for another blog, book tickets for a flight, and call a friend later tonight.