Saturday, February 2, 2008

Groundhog Day

Today is Groundhog Day. Will Pinxsutawney Phil see his shadow, predicting six more weeks of winter or vice versa? Personally, I am hoping for the latter, although it would be nice to use my recent purchase of yaxtraks this year.

Although I do not completely believe in Phil's prediction as gospel, I think it's fun to play along with this tradition. After all it's been going on for 120 years! Plus, I just think groundhogs are cute. Last April, I literally saw one in my back yard underneath my shed. That was really cool to see. I remember grabbing my camera and trying to take some photos. I got a few shots without him moving, but they were from a distance. Here's my version of Pinxsutawney Phil. It's hard to see, but he's that little guy sitting there.












*************************************************

Well, according to the official Groundhog Day website, Phil has seen his shadow. That means six more weeks of winter. :-(

No comments: