Monday, February 11, 2008

The devastation of eating disorders

I was originally going to add another post about the fashion industry since London's Fashion Week just kicked off yesterday. However, I'll post that at another time.

I was surfing forums and came across the news that Polly Williams who was one of the four women featured in the 2007 documentary "Thin" has passed away. It's incredibly sad and a grim reminder just how powerful eating disorders are. I don't know any of the details but word has it that she committed suicide. Lauren Greenfield, the documenter of "Thin" recently posted on the HBO Thin forum with the obituary from the TN paper.

Although I did not agree with everything in the film "Thin," I held out hope for those women that they would recover. Unfortunately, as a psychiatric illness, anorexia has the highest fatality rate. I hope Polly is at rest and my heart goes out to her family and friends.

No comments: