Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Wednesday fun: Harry Potter!

I thought my blog was in need a Wednesday fun post, so what else better than Harry Potter!

The last installment of the Harry Potter series opened last weekend. I have not seen it yet but hope to soon. I came across this blog post asking which Hogwart's house you belonged to: Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, or Slytherin.




"You might belong in Gryffindor,
Where dwell the brave at heart,
Their daring, nerve and chivalry
Set Gryffindors apart"







"You might belong in Hufflepuff,
Where they are just and loyal,
Those patient Hufflepuffs are true,
And unafraid of toil"







"Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,
If you've a ready mind,
Where those of wit and learning,
Will always find their kind."








"Or perhaps in Slytherin,
You'll make your real friends,
Those cunning folk use any means,
To achieve their ends."



I took the two tests that were mentioned in the above blog post. These were my results:

From the helloquizzy test:
Gryffindor: 34
Ravenclaw: 61
Hufflepuff: 61
Slytherin: 44

From the Personalitylab quiz:
Gryffindor: 74
Ravenclaw: 94
Hufflepuff: 98
Slytherin: 32

I was really surprised that Slytherin came out beating Gryffindor on the first quiz. My feeling is that it is because this test is only True/False, so there is no grey area. The second test had a much wider range, allowing you to pick between 1-9. But I think both quizzes are correct that I am more suitable towards Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff. I guess I'm not quite as brave as those in Gryffindor.

Anyway, so take the quizzes and post in the comments which Hogwart's House you belong in.

No comments: