Thursday, October 14, 2010

Less "funked" but still stressed

This week has been crazy and hectic. My emotions have been everywhere. Besides the funk I was in, the emotional roller coaster did not help. (hormones could have been at play here too) The biggest stressor has been finding someone to take care of my animals while I'm gone. Normally, I have this all planned in advance, but my plans fell through at the last minute. A. was originally going to take care of them, but with me being gone, the office assistant leaving (her last day is today), I did not want my own animals to be an extra burden.

The last three days I've racked my head through other people who I trust to take care of--neighbor will be gone, friend that has taken care of them before is too far away, office assistant starting a new job. So who steps up to the plate? My parents! There is a twinge of guilt as they are coming from a long distance. But at the same time, it sounds like they really want to. (they love my dogs and bunny!) Secretly, I think my mom uses this as an excuse to be able to help around here and finish projects that she began last August when she was here.

The other major stress has been the conference stuff. There have been changes, some mishaps, etc. I just pray that everything goes as smoothly as possible. This is the most ever workshops we have had, and I've done a considerable amount of the work. Thus, if it falls, it's on my head, or at least it feels that way.

The next several days I'll be doing last minute checklists, shopping, etc. I keep reminding myself that even though I am feeling stressed, anxious, etc. when I'm at the conference, I really do have a good time. The other big challenge at the conference will be eating well. Though I've done better the last few years, eating breakfast, having good dinners and desserts, I still have anxiety over it.

I'll try to post again before I leave.

No comments: