Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Hello from San Francisco

Quick hello from CA. Technically, I'm in Oakland. So far, things are going well. I had a great flight--the quietest ever! My friend picked me up from the airport. We had a good time going to Baker Beach, Fisherman's Wharf, and driving down several districts, including Castro. However, we had to leave since it began to pour! Then, driving to the hotel room, the Bay Bridge had an accident and was forever slow.

As for the conference, it is going well, but tomorrow is when it really begins and gets hairy. There are always over 1000 people, so I tend to feel overwhelmed. The one good thing is that came as a complete surprise, I saw two people from a conference I saw 5 years ago. At that conference, we hit it off so well and had such a good time. Seeing them today was like an unexpected reunion. It was so cool! I'm hoping to catch up with all of them some time this week.

There is more to write but I'm going to head to bed now. Tomorrow is a long day.


No comments: