I'm sure some of you have been wanting to know the outcome of the house. It wasn't quite as easy as I had hoped. I had to get the full details of one issue the sellers had had with drainage. Once that was sufficient, then I faxed the papers. Between the time I faxed the papers and my realtor waited to get them, she notified me there was another potential buyer. We were both worried and increased our initial offer as well as shortened the window when the sellers had to decide. This was all done yesterday afternoon and evening.
I got a call from my realtor this morning. The sellers countered our offer but not the other potential buyer's. I went ahead and accepted their offer which was about 96% of asking price. It really did seem reasonable. Otherwise, I would have likely had to start from scratch looking at more houses.
My realtor sent me the new papers which I have signed and will fax back tomorrow. This will allow the sellers' realtor to mark the house as "pending." We still have to get my mom's signature on everything since she co-signed with me. The rest of the game plan goes like this:
Get home inspection done, hopefully the 26th, the day I come back from conference
If there are repairs, get those done within the next day or two.
Give sellers time to move out.
Closing date is November 12th. My realtor didn't want to make it Friday, the 13th.
After that, I'm free to move in.
Ahh, this is really exciting. I never thought I'd be this exuberant about it, but there is just something to feeling like an official "homeowner."
Thanks to all those you kept their fingers crossed for me. Hopefully, the rest of this stuff will be smooth sailing.