Monday, February 27, 2012

Back in the dating pool :-(

Well, as my title suggests, I'm back in the dating pool again. Actually, however, this time, it was not due to me at all. Match Music guy got a great career opportunity on the other side of the coast. It really is a good break for the industry he is in, as he will have steadier work and be able to network with more higher status people.

In his e-mail, he was certainly happy for this new opportunity, but at the same time felt very bummed as this would affect our relationship. And in actuality, I was bummed too, as I do think we could have furthered our relationship.

There is part of me that feels like the stars were not aligned in our favor. When I say this, I mean that there were some instances (out of his control) where he had to cancel dates, such as a virus on his computer and a bad alternator in his car last week, and then at one point he thought I was letting him go in not suggesting a date idea in an e-mail. Certainly, these are coincidences for sure, but it did make me wonder in a funny kind of way, like the universe was trying to tell me something. Maybe this was good that this happened now versus 6 months or a year down the road or something. I always like to believe that things happen for a reason. If things are meant to be, then they come back to you in one way shape or form, at least this is my viewpoint on life, experiences, learning lessons, and loss.

In any case, I wrote a nice e-mail back saying what I've said here, that I'd be selfish not to be happy for him, and that I'm sure he will find someone there, though this means he will also be back in the dating pool, something he does not enjoy. So, there you have it. Last week would have been our 4th date. I guess this is a new record for me, but :sigh: it's back to dating again.

4 comments:

Kaylee said...

Hey Tiptoe,

I'm sorry things didn't work out with Music Match guy, but it sounds like the relationship was a good experience overall. I get really fed up with dating when something doesn't feel "right," but sometimes it helps to just embrace every relationship (whether one date or one year) as a chance to be with someone new and have new experiences and whatever happens, happens. I hope you get to meet some cool people, and they're lucky to know you too!

Cammy said...

It stinks when circumstances just don't move in the right direction. I'm sorry it looks like the door is closing on this, but I think that every dating endeavor brings certain lessons and insights, so I'm glad that you had the experience. It sounds like you're handling it really well, too. The right guy will come your way in time, and he will be super lucky when that happens!

I was glad to get your email and will have a reply very soon!

Telstaar said...

Sorry to hear that it didn't work out. I really hope someone perfect for you comes along soon!

african girl said...

I'm so sorry to hear that. You have the same situation of my friend.
As of now she's still in the process of moving on. I wish that God will really give you the man who deserves you. I know it hurts that you're not yet successful with your love life but time will come that you will already find your true happiness.