Thursday, May 13, 2010

Maybe I'll be enlightened

This is a quick post in reference to the title. I'm super excited. I'm going to see the Dalai Lama tomorrow morning!!

I learned about this way back in March and bought a ticket. I figured this was a once in a lifetime opportunity, and he was not going to live forever. I seriously think I would have kicked myself if I didn't decide to go or made some excuse. Though I do not affiliate with a religion, (though do lean towards Buddhism) I've always loved what the Dalai Lama has had to say, especially about his stance towards non-violence and having compassion. towards humans and animals.

A good friend of mine is also going, so we're hoping to meet up there and go out to lunch afterwards.

I'll post all about it when I get back. It may not be until the end of the weekend as I'm going to an all day dog seminar on Saturday.

The Dalai Lama is traveling quite a bit with next stops in WI, IA, and NY. You can look here at his full schedule.

3 comments:

Kim said...

How exciting! I would love to see the Dalai Lama! Can't wait to hear about it!

Sarah at Journeying With Him said...

I've seen him once. He was HILARIOUS!! I was so surprised as I was picturing someone more like, say, a pope who was quiet and waved his arms a lot in an important way. Nope. He was down to earth and kind of reminded me of Yoda. I wanted to go to lunch with him! (No disrespect intended.) I hope you enjoy yourself and gain some nuggets of truth!

Cammy said...

I am SO excited for you! Can't wait to hear how it goes! Reading up on eastern philosophy and Buddhism has been very helpful in my recovery. So glad you're getting the opportunity to see such an influential and wise person!