Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Still awake

Actually, I'm quite exhausted and know I need to go to bed but wanted to put a few thoughts down for the day. Today was full of positives and negatives.

First the negatives: I spoke to my landlord about the whole septic tank problem. I wasn't sure whether he and the plumber guy were coming back, because they just left everything in my yard. Apparently, my landlord came on Sunday and did some work, but it isn't a simple fix and will take time. He was not happy with the cost of this.

I also let him know about a circuit going out yesterday. For some reason, my light to the back bedrooms/bathroom, porch light are now not coming on, my bathroom outlet suddenly stopped working, and my freezers went out. Luckily, I could just use the extension cord I just bought and change the big freezer to a different outlet. Then, I was doing laundry, and I heard this bubbling sound. I have no clue about this, but the water was going into my bathtub. I haven't told my landlord about this yet. I'm sure he will be so happy to hear this. (Sarcasm)

Positives for the day:

I went on a long run. It went really well overall, however, my hamstring and knees are very sore. I really needed this long run. My confidence was down the past few weeks, so this was a nice boost.

I got my taxes done and e-filed. This was a big stressor for me. I'm not a procrastinator, but it's the fact that I don't get simple W-2 like normal employed people. It's confusing, but I finally got an answer from my boss as to why I don't get the normal W-2. The good thing is that she paid whatever I owed in taxes.

I had to really contemplate dinner tonight. I was tired and really wanted to just skip it. However, I knew if I did that, it would just set me up for failure in the eating department. For me, if I don't eat something for dinner, it can easily spiral downhill. It's like I go into autopilot and then begin restricting. So eating anyway was a good thing.

This last one could be a positive or negative depending on how you look at it. I finished my training logs for the past 4 months. I wanted to be able to have a quick glance at mileage and stats. However, at the same time, I can get obsessed with the numbers too.

Tomorrow , I'm hoping to sleep in if my dogs will let me and just get a few things done around here. I know I will have to mow again this week before the forecast of rain at the end of the week. That's one thing, my grass grows really fast! It's nice, pretty, and green, but the mowing is often high volume. I guess the good thing about is that I really like the smell of mowed lawns.


No comments: